28 Aug Bonita Bay Real Estate News | August 2015
Rain. August in Southwest Florida means rain. I’m actually not complaining. Looking out over my lanai, I may see rain somewhere between one and three o’clock in the afternoon – but I always see the lush, beautiful green landscape brought on by the humid weather conditions, always. Recently, many Florida cities are siting high number of lightning strikes in short time spans (if you’re interested in following the frequency of lightning strikes in any part of the world, visit LightningMaps.org to see lightening as it occurs). Lightning is sporadic and unexpected. As a 30-plus-year real estate veteran in Bonita Bay, the real estate market in our area is anything but sporadic and unexpected. Bonita Bay homes are selling steadfast and true — and I eager you to contact me if you are considering selling or buying in Bonita Bay. And, if you do not see Southwest Florida when you look out the nearest window, be sure to check the weather on Bonita Bay Club’s live Webcam.
A reminder, you have access to the most comprehensive website devoted to Bonita Bay,www.
Whether you are buying or selling, if you are looking for REALTOR® representation, think of me.
Your Bonita Bay REALTOR®,
August 2015 Real Estate Market Update: Your Bonita Bay Home May Not Last Very Long on the Market
Listings are not lasting long,” said Mike Hughes, Vice President/General Manager of Downing-Frye Realty. “At the end of last year, our company had 1,192 listings. Six months later, at the end of June, we had 1,168 listings and 2,417 closings. We passed the $1 Billion mark in closed sales earlier this year than normal and we’re three percent ahead of where we were a year ago. This is going to be a remarkable year for sales — one of our best ever.”
According to second-quarter real estate reports regarding Bonita Springs/Estero:
- The active number of listings decreased to 688 in June 2015 from 794 in June 2014
- The average listing price: June 2015 = $621,000
- The average listing price: June 2014 = $464,000
- The sales volume (sum of prices) for all residential properties closed during June 2015 was $79.5 million, compared with $86.6 million during June 2014
SUMMARY OF BONITA BAY HOME SALES
- Within the last 12 months, there were 129 sales with an average sales price of$654,767; these condos were on the market an average of 71 days
- During the 12 months previous, there were 150 sales with an average sales price of condominiums was $571,430; these homes were on the market much longer at 147 days
- During the last 12 months, there were 66 sales with an average sales price of$1,278,442; these homes were on the market an average of 72 days
- During the 12 months previous, there were 75 sales with an average sales price of $1,055,929; these homes were, again, much longer on the market for an average of 122 days
For a list of BONITA BAY homes that are pending at the moment, click here.
Meet Ed Gongola and discover how he can help you with his concierge style of service when buying or selling your home.
SUMMER Happenings: What’s New on the Tennis Courts at Bonita Bay Club?
Bonita Bay Club’s Director of Tennis Paula Scheb walks and flies you (via drone video) through the amazing transformation of the tennis courts — all in preparation for the of the magnificent renovation of the Championship Court! Click here to watch the YouTube video.