05 Jul Bonita Bay Real Estate News | July 2016
As of July 1, 2016, there are 70 active listings in MLS in Bonita Bay, which is 17 less than last month. There are 27 single-family homes ranging in price from $475,000 to $3,246,415. The average list price is $1,576,689 and the average days on the market is 120. The combined days on the market is 157. In the carriage, mid-rise, and attached villa market, there are 25 active listings in Bonita Bay. Prices range from $169,000 to $569,000. The average list price is $375,148. The average of days on the market is 99. The combined days on the market is 164. In the high-rise market, there are 17 active listings in Bonita Bay ranging in price from $699,900 to $2,999,500. The average list price is $1,664,879 and the average days on the market is 168. The combined days on the market is 176.
Whether you are buying or selling, if you are looking for REALTOR® representation, think of me.
Your Bonita Bay REALTOR®,
SUMMARY OF BONITA BAY HOME SALES
If you are considering selling your Bonita Bay home, here are some statistics that may help you decide to place your home on the market:
- Within the last 12 months, there were 106 sales with an average sales price of$695,262; these condos were on the market an average of 82 days; combineddays on the market is 159.
- During the 12 months previous, there were 136 sales with an average sales price of condominiums was $636,841; these homes were on the market for 71 days; combined days on the market is 133.
- During the last 12 months, there were 66 sales with an average sales price of$1,079,177; these homes were on the market an average of 90 days; combineddays on the market is 172.
- During the 12 months previous, there were 83 sales with an average sales price of $1,163,177; these homes were on the market for an average of 63 days;combined days on the market is 161.
Meet Ed Gongola and discover how he can help you with his concierge style of service when buying or selling your home.
THANK YOU TO THE COMMUNITY
“This is going to be a great summer for buyers,” said Mike Hughes, vice president and general manager of Downing-Frye Realty. “The overall inventory of available properties has climbed since this time last year. Sellers have been recognizing that their increased home equity can be used for downsizing (or up-sizing), so they’re seguing into new locations which keeps the market active. Many of these seller-buyers are long term Downing-Frye clients, with a sense of loyalty that can’t be bought. This is a strong reason why our company has been voted the “Best Real Estate Company” in Naples for the last 13 years in a row, and in Bonita Springs for the last nine. All I can say, with deep sincerity, is ‘thank you’ to our loyal customers. Because of you, Downing-Frye Realty, Inc. consistently leads the market in overall closed sales transactions. We are proud to have been a real estate partner, not only for our local clients, but also for those new to the area.”
Evidence of increasing consumer confidence is becoming more apparent as sellers returned to the market in May, resulting in a 37 percent increase in overall inventory. As summer approaches, buyers will be happy to learn that median closed prices in May continued on the same trend seen in recent months, and remain steady in all price segments above $300,000 (12-months ending May 2016). The median closed price was $338,000 in May 2016 compared to $332,00 in May 2015.
- Overall number of active listings: 935 vs. 741
- Overall closed sales: 178 vs. 242
- Single-family median sale price: $376,250 vs. $425,000
- Multi-family median sale price: $263,000 vs. $247,500
- May 2016 inventory: 6.6 months for single-family, 5.3 months for multi-family
- May 2016 percentage of list price for overall sales: Approx. 95 percent
Sources: The Bonita Springs-Estero Assoc. of REALTORS®, Naples Area Board of REALTORS®, National Assoc. of REALTORS®, Florida REALTORS®.
EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT: Karen Delmonte, Controller at the Bonita Bay Community Association
“I am fortunate to be a ‘people person,’ working in an area that highly values detail oriented people. The qualities that have helped me immensely in all my positions: I have the teaching background to explain accounting to non-accounting people; I have skills to deal with people; and, I have accounting knowledge. I saw early on in all my positions that having and using these skills was a key factor. In my many positions, having people skills has enabled me to work through issues that an ‘accounting’ person might find difficult,” — Karen Delmonte.
Find out more about Karen as part of a series of the “Meet Your Manage” series of blog posts presented by the Bonita Bay Community Association. Here’s a link to their blog.
Want to Dig In Deep? The REALTORS® Confidence Index May Be the Answer
Highlights of the Report:
- Market conditions vary across local markets, but the REALTORS® confidence and buyer traffic indices indicate that market conditions were mainly “strong” rather than “weak” in May 2016.
- Across all property types, REALTORS® reported strong demand and brisker sales in their areas, but severely low inventory continued to depress sales, pushing prices up and making homes increasingly not affordable, especially for first-time buyers.
- Sustained job growth and the low cost of obtaining a mortgage, with 30-year fixed rates still below four percent, are likely underpinning the strong housing demand.
- First-time home-buyers accounted for 30 percent of sales.
- Very low supply, declining affordability, appraisal issues, and lender processing delays were reported as the key issues affecting sales. Still, most respondents were confident about the outlook for the next six months across all property type.
Source: National Association of REALTORs®
Official Bonita Bay Club Brochure
Looking for an overview of the Bonita Bay Club for yourself or to send to others? Here’s a quick look at the Bonita Bay Club’s five championship golf courses designed by two legendary architects; an 18-court tennis center; two welcoming clubhouses; Lifestyle Center with a state-of-the-art fitness center and spa; and, a world-class staff — the elements that make Bonita Bay Club South Florida’s premier country club.
Owned and governed by its members since 2010, Bonita Bay Club offers membership levels in golf and sports that suit the preferences of active Bonita Bay residents. In addition, limited golf memberships are available for the the Naples Club only. Download brochure.