16 Jan Shadow Wood at the Brooks Real Estate News | January 2016
Welcome to 2016!
I am hoping that 2016 will be the year of astonishment in our area regarding real estate activity. 2015 sure was; and, all signs keep pointing in that direction. This New Year, may you be interested in changes as change is one extremely viable way your future would unfold astonishment for you.
As of January 1, 2016, there are 40 active listings in Shadow Wood with the majority of the listings over the $1-million-dollar mark. There are 31, single-family, listed homes ranging from $499,000 to $1,945,000. The average list price is $1,121,890 and the average days on the market is 142 days. In the condo market, there are 9 active listings in Shadow Wood. Ranging in price from $324,900 to $549,000. The average list price is $411,744 and the average days on the market is 77.
Whether you are buying or selling, if you are looking for REALTOR® representation, think of me and allow me to share my 30 years of experience putting buyers and sellers together in SWFL.
Your Shadow Wood REALTOR®,
SUMMARY OF SHADOW WOOD HOME SALES
If you are considering selling your Shadow Wood home, here are some statistics that may help you decide to place your home on the market:
- Within the last 12 months, there were 23 sales; the average sales price was$333,187; and, these condos were on the market an average of 63 days
- During the 12 months previous, there were 25 sales; the average sales price was$305,540; and, these homes were on the market an average of 115 days
- During the last 12 months, there were 56 sales; the average sales price was$981,819; these homes were on the market an average of 93 days
- During the 12 months previous, there were 66 sales; the average sales price was$888,257; and, these homes were on the market an average of 96 days
Meet Ed Gongola and discover how he can help you with his concierge style of service when buying or selling your home.
Shadow Wood JANUARY Events
Be sure to fill your calendar with 2016 events at Shadow Wood. Here is January’s event schedule:
January 9 – Perfect Pair Food & Wine
January 16 – Cirque du Soleil Dinner Show
January 28 – Book Review
January 7 – Men’s ABCD Team Challenge
January 12 – Ladies Guest Day
January 14 – Men’s Guest Day
Jan 25/26 – Ladies Member/Member
Couples & Mixed Events
January 9 – Margaritaville Pro Exhibition
Chef Rich’s Cooking Class
Bocce Ball Tournament Dinner
Click here for membership information.
Commons Club Spotlight: Group Fitness Classes at the Commons Fitness & Spa
Group fitness at The Commons Club offers cutting-edge services catered to all fitness levels and abilities. With more than 20 classes offered during season and 10 during the Summer months, there is a perfect class for just about anyone. Let the National Academy of Sports Medicine(NASM)-certified professionals provide you exceptional technique and training opportunities during each class. A variety of opportunities exist including:
- Men’s Yoga for Golf
- Core n More
- Muscle Madness
STAGGERING CLOSED SALES VOLUME for DOWNING-FRYE REALTY in 2015
“I’m extremely proud of our agents,” said Mike Hughes, vice president and general manager of Downing-Frye Realty. “Our closed sales volume is ahead of where we were last year. We will
close 2015 with over 4,000 closings and a closed sales volume of over $1.9 billion. This will be our best year ever for closed sales volume, other than the 2004-2005 bubble years. 2015 set a new benchmark.”
Bonita/Estero: November 2014 vs. November 2015:
- Overall number of active listings: 764 vs. 861
- Overall closed sales: 119 vs. 122
- Single-family median sale price: $297,000 vs. $295,200
- Multi-family median sale price: $250,000 vs. $203,500
- Months of inventory during Nov. 2015: 4.9 months for single-family, 4 months for multi-family
- Percentage of list price for overall sales during Nov. 2015: 96.34 percent
SHADOW WOOD REAL ESTATE TIPS: Determining the Value of Your Home.
determine the value of your Shadow Wood residential real estate. Location and characteristics of the property are the key elements in determining value. Therefore, the basis for valuation is similar properties in your area. The market analysis takes into account the amount received from recent sales of comparable properties and the quantity and quality of comparable properties currently on the market. The desired end result is to find a price that will attract a willing and able buyer in a reasonable time.Once the value of your Shadow Wood home has been determined, you can decide on an offering price that will achieve your goals. Generally, the price should not exceed the value by more than 5% or potential buyers may not even make offers. Naturally, if you want to sell quickly your asking price should be very near the value.The following are a few things to keep in-mind about pricing:
- Realistic pricing will achieve maximum price in a reasonable time
- Your cost or profit desire is irrelevant; the market determines the price
- The cost of improvements are almost always more than the added value
- Houses that remain on the market for a long time do not get shown
- A house that is priced right from the beginning achieves the highest proceeds