11 Mar Shadow Wood at the Brooks Real Estate News | March 2016
Even with a leap-day, February seemed to come and go quickly. As we enter March, we come in with a full head of steam: Shadow Woods is is buzzing with activity, as is Shadow Wood real estate. As of March 1, 2016, there are 57 active listings in Shadow Wood; 4 more than last month. There are 45 single-family, listed homes ranging from $515,000 to $2,400,000. The average list price is $1,261,605 and the average days on the market is 103 days. Combined days on the market is 155. In the condo market, there are 13 active listings in Shadow Wood. Ranging in price from $299,000 to $539,000. The average list price is $365,708 and the average days on the market is 93. Combined days on the market is 116.
Whether you are buying or selling, if you are looking for REALTOR® representation, think of me and allow me to share my 30 years of experience putting buyers and sellers together in SWFL
Your Shadow Wood REALTOR®,
SUMMARY OF SHADOW WOOD HOME SALES
- Within the last 12 months, there were 23 sales; the average sales price was $327,213; and, these condos were on the market an average of 46 days; combined days on the market is97.
- During the 12 months previous, there were 22 sales; the average sales price was $310,268; and, these homes were on the market an average of 124 days; combined days on the market is 181.
- During the last 12 months, there were 57 sales; the average sales price was $984,769; these homes were on the market an average of 91 days; combined days on the market is182.
- During the 12 months previous, there were 64 sales; the average sales price was $897,845; and, these homes were on the market an average of 99 days; combined days on the market is 207.
For a list of SHADOW WOOD homes sold in 2016, click here.
For a list of SHADOW WOOD homes that are pending at the moment, click here.
Meet Ed Gongola and discover how he can help you with his concierge style of service when buying or selling your home.
Shadow Wood MARCH Events
Be sure to fill your calendar with 2016 events at Shadow Wood. Here is January’s event schedule:
March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day Buffet
March 27 – Easter Brunch
March 1 & 2 – Ladies Legacy
March 10 – Men’s Senior Championship
March 13 – Couples’ Guest Day
March 16-19 – Men’s Legacy
March 24 – Battle of the Sexes
Mar 30-Apr 1 – Club Championships
Tennis Events March 31 – Men’s “Red, White & Blue” Event
Click here for membership information.
POISED FOR A GOOD YEAR
“Our closed sales volume for the month of January was $119 million,” said Mike Hughes, vice president and general manager of Downing-Frye Realty. “I anticipate this to be a good year for real estate sales, even though we face an unusual combination of head winds. We are in a major election year with a volatile stock market plus weaker foreign purchasing power due to a strong U.S. dollar. Additionally, there is a shortage of lower, more affordable-priced housing. On a positive note, our company has a strong listing inventory of about 1,200 properties, many offering the finest amenities in the area — an area that is predicted to have the highest population growth over the next few years. Southwest Florida remains a special area coveted by many.”
Florida’s housing market reported rising median prices, fewer all-cash closed sales and a tight inventory of for-sale homes in January. The statewide median sales price for single-family existing homes last month was $199,000, up 13.7 percent from the previous year. The statewide median price for townhouse-condo properties in January was $152,000, up 10.9 percent over the year-ago figure. January marked the 50th month in a row that statewide median sales prices for both single-family homes and for townhouse-condo properties rose year-over-year. Inventory was at a 4.5-months’ supply in January for single-family homes and at a 5.9-months’ supply for townhouse-condo properties.
Nationwide, existing-home sales crept forward in January to the highest annual rate in six months, and sub-par supply levels propelled price growth to the fastest increase since last April. Lawrence Yun, National Association of Realtors’ chief economist, says existing sales kicked off 2016 on solid footing, rising slightly to the strongest pace since July 2015 (5.48 million). “The housing market has shown promising resilience in recent months, but home prices are still rising too fast because of ongoing supply constraints,” he said. “Despite the global economic slowdown, the housing sector continues to recover and will likely help the U.S. economy avoid a recession. The spring buying season is right around the corner and current supply levels aren’t even close to what’s needed to accommodate the subsequent growth in housing demand,” says Yun. “Home prices ascending near or above double-digit appreciation aren’t healthy – especially considering the fact that household income and wages are barely rising.”
BONITA /ESTERO: JAN. 2016 VS. JAN. 2015::
- Overall number of active listings: 936 vs. 903
- Overall closed sales: 122 vs. 143
- Single-family median sale price: $442,000 vs. $397,500
- Multi-family median sale price: $278,000 vs. $245,000
- Jan. 2016 inventory: 6.1 months for single-family, 4.8 months for multi-family
- Jan. 2016 percentage of list price for overall sales: 95.26 percent
Sources: The Bonita Springs-Estero Assoc. of REALTORS®, Naples Area Board of REALTORS®, National Assoc. of REALTORS®, Florida REALTORS®.
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner at at Shadow Wood Country Club: March 17, 2016
Reservations are now being taken for St. Patrick’s Day dinner. There is no limit on guests. Themed attire is encouraged.
Enjoy a lavish buffet with family and friends. . There is no limit on guests. Jackets required for gentlemen. Call (239) 992-6000 for reservations.
SHADOW WOOD REAL ESTATE TIPS: When An Appointment Is Made
Agents from many real estate firms will want to show your home. Please allow any agent who calls to show your home at the suggested time. If you are not frequently available, it is suggested that you allow a lockbox to be installed on your door. You will increase your odds for a sale by allowing more qualified buyers to see your home. You do not want to miss an out-of-town transferee because your home was not able to be shown.
During a showing:
- Open all draperies and window shades during daylight hours
- The kitchen & bathroom should sparkle
- Open windows one half hour before showing to circulate fresh air
- Open all the doors between rooms to give an inviting feeling
- Place fresh flowers on kitchen table and/or in the living room
- If possible, bake cookies or bread to add an inviting aroma
- Turn on all lights and replace bulbs with high wattage bulbs where needed
- Pets should be confined or restricted from view; eliminate pet odors — not everyone may share your love of animals, and, some people may be allergic to them
- All jewelry and small valuables should be stored in a safety deposit box or in a locked closet
- Replace any items not included in the sale, or tag them appropriately with “to be replaced with…” or “not included” signs
- Beds should be made & clothes picked up; bathrooms should be clean, with towels folded and toilet lid down
- When you leave the house, please leave it as if you know it is going to be shown — you never know when the right person is going to look at it!
Rest assured that I will guide you through all the details of preparing your home for showings — after more than 30 years of showing homes, I have it down to a science. Contact me with questions regarding your home.