07 Oct Shadow Wood at the Brooks Real Estate News | October 2015
Where did “Season” go? Typically, there’s a noticeable swing in population in Southwest Florida — a very noticeable swing in volume and duration of residents. Not so much this year. Bonita Bay residents have already begun to populate the golf courses, tennis courts, recreational facilities and restaurants — and we just hit the October mark, so, welcome back!
For those of who recently arrived, I’m certain you’ll enjoy another wonderful Fall and Winter in Bonita Bay — as those of us year-rounders do each day. During the Summer months, real estate remained strong in spite of a lack of home inventory in our area. Florida’s housing market continued its positive track with more closed sales, higher median prices and a tightening inventory throughout the state. Be sure to contact me for the most up-to-date information regarding the local real estate market.
A reminder, you have access to the most comprehensive website devoted to Bonita Bay, www.bonitabaypropertiesforsale.com. I’ve included maps, floor plans, photos, and descriptions of each neighborhood within this desirable community.
Whether you are buying or selling, if you are looking for REALTOR® representation, think of me.
Your Bonita Bay REALTOR®,
August 2015 Real Estate Market Update: No Such Thing as “Slow Season”
ACTIVITY DURING AUGUST 2015 VS. AUGUST 2014:
* Overall sales volume: $51M vs. $63.1M
* Overall number of active listings: 602 vs. 767
* Overall closed sales: 142 vs. 151
* Overall average listing price/sq. ft.: $241 vs. $220
* Single-family median sale price: $331,500 vs. $339,900
* Multi-family median sale price: $232,750 vs. $225,000
* Months of inventory during August 2015: 3.8 months for single-family, 3 months for multifamily
* Percentage of list price for overall sales during August 2015: 95+ percent
“Years ago Summer was usually a slow season for sales in this area. Not any more. The past
several years have had strong real estate sales in the summer months,” said Mike Hughes,
Vice President/General Manager of Downing-Frye Realty. “The company hit one-billion dollars in
closed sales volume earlier this year than normal, and we continue to carry a large inventory
Source: The Bonita Springs-Estero Assoc. of REALTORS®
SUMMARY OF BONITA BAY HOME SALES
If you are considering selling your Shadow Wood home, here are some statistics that may help you decide to place your home on the market:
- Within the last 12 months, there were 23 sales; the average sales price was$332,730; and, these condos were on the market an average of 64 days
- During the 12 months previous, there were 28 sales; the average sales price was$292,929; and, these homes were on the market an average of 131 days
- During the last 12 months, there were 61 sales; the average sales price was$962,387; these homes were on the market an average of 82 days
- During the 12 months previous, there were 63 sales; the average sales price was$862,339; and, these homes were on the market an average of 100 days
For a list of SHADOW WOOD homes sold so far in 2015, click here.
For a list of SHADOW WOOD homes that are pending at the moment, click here.
Meet Ed Gongola and discover how he can help you with his concierge style of service when buying or selling your home.
Shadow Wood Back in Full Swing!
October 14 – Welcome Home Celebration
October 21 – Oktoberfest Happy Hour
October 28 – Halloween Happy Hour
October 17 – Kick-Off Season Mixer
October 16 – Mixed Member/Member
October 27 – Ladies Opening Day
October 29 – Men’s Opening Day
October 6 & 27
Click here for membership information.
Shadow Wood Country Club Recognized for Environmental Excellence
Shadow Wood has been re-certified as an Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary. We are proud to provide a sanctuary for the wildlife on our courses and have been an Audubon certified club each year since 2006!