11 Mar Bonita Bay Real Estate News | March 2016
Even with a leap-day, February seemed to come and go quickly. As we enter March, we come in with a full head of steam: Bonita Bay is is buzzing with activity, as is Bonita Bay real estate. As of March 1, 2016, there are 106 active listings in MLS in Bonita Bay, which is 5 more than last month. There are 39 single-family homes ranging in price from $539,900 to $4,995,000. The average list price is $1,587,070 and the average days on the market is 121. The combined days on the market is 161. In the carriage, mid-rise and villa market, there are 31 active listings in Bonita Bay. Prices range from $199,900 to $1,595,000. The average list price is $618,429. The average of days on the market is 92. The combined days on the market is 161. In the high-rise market, there are 34 active listings in Bonita Bay ranging in price from $769,000 to $3,250,000. The average list price is $1,598,115 and the average days on the market is 101. The combined days on the market is 126.
Whether you are buying or selling, if you are looking for REALTOR® representation, think of me.
Your Bonita Bay REALTOR®,
SUMMARY OF BONITA BAY HOME SALES
If you are considering selling your Bonita Bay home, here are some statistics that may help you decide to place your home on the market:
- Within the last 12 months, there were 97 sales with an average sales price of $686,193; these condos were on the market an average of 69 days; combined days on the market is137.
- During the 12 months previous, there were 160 sales with an average sales price of condominiums was $637,949; these homes were on the market for 108 days; combineddays on the market is 171.
- During the last 12 months, there were 58 sales with an average sales price of $1,267,629;these homes were on the market an average of 84 days; combined days on the market is163.
- During the 12 months previous, there were 77 sales with an average sales price of$1,128,953; these homes were on the market for an average of 87 days; combined days on the market is 190.
Meet Ed Gongola and discover how he can help you with his concierge style of service when buying or selling your home.
POISED FOR A GOOD YEAR
“Our closed sales volume for the month of January was $119 million,” said Mike Hughes, vice president and general manager of Downing-Frye Realty. “I anticipate this to be a good year for real estate sales, even though we face an unusual combination of head winds. We are in a major election year with a volatile stock market plus weaker foreign purchasing power due to a strong U.S. dollar. Additionally, there is a shortage of lower, more affordable-priced housing. On a positive note, our company has a strong listing inventory of about 1,200 properties, many offering the finest amenities in the area — an area that is predicted to have the highest population growth over the next few years. Southwest Florida remains a special area coveted by many.”
Florida’s housing market reported rising median prices, fewer all-cash closed sales and a tight inventory of for-sale homes in January. The statewide median sales price for single-family existing homes last month was $199,000, up 13.7 percent from the previous year. The statewide median price for townhouse-condo properties in January was $152,000, up 10.9 percent over the year-ago figure. January marked the 50th month in a row that statewide median sales prices for both single-family homes and for townhouse-condo properties rose year-over-year. Inventory was at a 4.5-months’ supply in January for single-family homes and at a 5.9-months’ supply for townhouse-condo properties.
Nationwide, existing-home sales crept forward in January to the highest annual rate in six months, and sub-par supply levels propelled price growth to the fastest increase since last April. Lawrence Yun, National Association of Realtors’ chief economist, says existing sales kicked off 2016 on solid footing, rising slightly to the strongest pace since July 2015 (5.48 million). “The housing market has shown promising resilience in recent months, but home prices are still rising too fast because of ongoing supply constraints,” he said. “Despite the global economic slowdown, the housing sector continues to recover and will likely help the U.S. economy avoid a recession. The spring buying season is right around the corner and current supply levels aren’t even close to what’s needed to accommodate the subsequent growth in housing demand,” says Yun. “Home prices ascending near or above double-digit appreciation aren’t healthy – especially considering the fact that household income and wages are barely rising.”
BONITA /ESTERO: JAN. 2016 VS. JAN. 2015::
- Overall number of active listings: 936 vs. 903
- Overall closed sales: 122 vs. 143
- Single-family median sale price: $442,000 vs. $397,500
- Multi-family median sale price: $278,000 vs. $245,000
- Jan. 2016 inventory: 6.1 months for single-family, 4.8 months for multi-family
- Jan. 2016 percentage of list price for overall sales: 95.26 percent
Sources: The Bonita Springs-Estero Assoc. of REALTORS®, Naples Area Board of REALTORS®, National Assoc. of REALTORS®, Florida REALTORS®.
“Food for Thought” with Chef Richard at Bonita Bay Club
Check out Bonita Bay Club’s Executive Chef Richard Brumm as he explains Bonita Bay Club’s soup program on YouTube. Click the image below to view the video.
To view and subscribe to the Bonita Bay Club YouTube channel, click here.
Ronto Selects Designers for Models at Seaglass at Bonita Bay
The Ronto Group has selected three design firms to create the interiors of the model residences to be presented at Seaglass at Bonita Bay, a 26-floor, 120-unit high-rise tower to be built by Ronto within Bonita Bay. The designs will be created by Robb & Stucky International, Cinnabar Design, and Renee Gaddis Interiors. The models will include the finishes now on display at the Seaglass Design Studio at the Seaglass Sales Center at 26951 Country Club Drive within Bonita Bay.
Situated nearly 250 feet from its closest neighboring building, Seaglass will feature fully-completed, ready for occupancy residences with premium finishes, including flooring, paint, and trim. Each residence will come with two protected access under-building parking spaces. Private enclosed two-car garages will be available. Three tower residence great room floor plans at Seaglass range from 2,889 to 3,421 square feet and are priced from just over $1 million. The penthouse residences at Seaglass are priced from $2.5 million and offer approximately 4,600 square feet.
Source: Seaglass at Bonita Bay
Contact me to schedule your private visit to The Seaglass: 239.770.0561.
Agents from many real estate firms will want to show your home. Please allow any agent who calls to show your home at the suggested time. If you are not frequently available, it is suggested that you allow a lockbox to be installed on your door. You will increase your odds for a sale by allowing more qualified buyers to see your home. You do not want to miss an out-of-town transferee because your home was not able to be shown.
During a showing:
- Open all draperies and window shades during daylight hours
- The kitchen & bathroom should sparkle
- Open windows one half hour before showing to circulate fresh air
- Open all the doors between rooms to give an inviting feeling
- Place fresh flowers on kitchen table and/or in the living room
- If possible, bake cookies or bread to add an inviting aroma
- Turn on all lights and replace bulbs with high wattage bulbs where needed
- Pets should be confined or restricted from view; eliminate pet odors — not everyone may share your love of animals, and, some people may be allergic to them
- All jewelry and small valuables should be stored in a safety deposit box or in a locked closet
- Replace any items not included in the sale, or tag them appropriately with “to be replaced with…” or “not included” signs
- Beds should be made & clothes picked up; bathrooms should be clean, with towels folded and toilet lid down
- When you leave the house, please leave it as if you know it is going to be shown — you never know when the right person is going to look at it!
Rest assured that I will guide you through all the details of preparing your Bonita Bay home for showings — after more than 30 years of showing homes, I have it down to a science. Contact me with questions regarding your home.