11 Apr Shadow Wood at the Brooks Real Estate News | April 2016
As of April 1, 2016, there are 54 active listings in Shadow Wood; 3 less than last month. There are 40 single-family, listed homes ranging from $515,000 to $2,250,000. The average list price is $1,171,808 and the average days on the market is 115 days. Combined days on the market is 175. In the condo market, there are 14 active listings in Shadow Wood. Ranging in price from $284,900 to $459,000. The average list price is $345,479 and the average days on the market is 60. Combined days on the market is 106.
Whether you are buying or selling, if you are looking for REALTOR® representation, think of me and allow me to share my 30 years of experience putting buyers and sellers together in SWFL
Your Shadow Wood REALTOR®,
SUMMARY OF SHADOW WOOD HOME SALES
- Within the last 12 months, there were 22 sales; the average sales price was$338,950; and, these condos were on the market an average of 33 days;combined days on the market is 85.
- During the 12 months previous, there were 24 sales; the average sales price was$303,538; and, these homes were on the market an average of 113 days;combined days on the market is 171.
- During the last 12 months, there were 57 sales; the average sales price was$959,945; these homes were on the market an average of 99 days; combineddays on the market is 199.
- During the 12 months previous, there were 63 sales; the average sales price was$905,287; and, these homes were on the market an average of 103 days;combined days on the market is 207.
For a list of SHADOW WOOD homes that are pending at the moment, click here.
Meet Ed Gongola and discover how he can help you with his concierge style of service when buying or selling your home.
Shadow Wood APRIL Events
Be sure to fill your calendar with 2016 events at Shadow Wood. Here is April’s event schedule:
April 9 – Perfect Pair Food & Wine
April 10 – Master’s Final Round Party
April 13 – Season End Extravaganza
April 22 – Passover/Seder Dinner
April 12 – Ladies Closing Day
April 14 – Men’s Closing Day
April 19 – Ladies Champions Final
April 21 – Men’s Guest Day
Click here for membership information.
Q1: Good But Not Great
“The market in the first quarter was good but not great,” said Mike Hughes, Vice President and General Manager of Downing-Frye Realty. “There may be an election cloud affecting consumer confidence right now. This, among other influences like the fluctuating stock market, the Canadian exchange rate, and the shortage of low-end inventory are all factors creating headwinds in this market. Comparing this year to last year is a bit unfair since we raised the bar pretty high last year. The reality is that we are having a more normal season for pending sales, while our listing inventory continues to be strong.”
Florida’s housing market reported increased new listings, rising median prices and fewer all-cash closed sales in February. Closed sales of single-family homes statewide totaled 18,159, remaining relatively the same (up 0.4 percent) as the February 2015 figure. The statewide median sales price for single-family existing homes last month was $200,000, up 11.1 percent from the previous year. The statewide median price for townhouse-condo properties in February was $150,000, up 5.6 percent over the year-ago figure. February marked 51 consecutive months that statewide median sales prices for both single-family homes and for townhouse-condo properties rose year-over-year. Inventory was at a 4.5-months’ supply in February for single-family homes and at a 6.3-months’ supply for townhouse-condo properties.
Pending home sales rose solidly in February to their highest level in seven months and remain higher than a year ago. Lawrence Yun, NAR’s chief economist, said, “Looking ahead, the key for sustained momentum and more sales than last spring is a continuous stream of new listings quickly replacing what’s being scooped up by a growing pool of buyers. Without adequate supply, sales will likely plateau.” Existing-homes sales this year are forecast to be around 5.38 million, an
increase of 2.4 percent from 2015. The national median existing-home price for all of this year is expected to increase between 4 and 5 percent. (In 2015, existing-home sales increased 6.3 percent and prices rose 6.8 percent.)
- Overall number of active listings: 975 vs. 864
- Overall closed sales: 105 vs. 140
- Single-family median sale price: $354,500 vs. $380,000
- Multi-family median sale price: $297,500 vs. $225,000
- Feb. 2016 inventory: 6.4 months for single-family, 5.1 months for multi-family
- Feb. 2016 percentage of list price for overall sales: 95.49 percent
Sources: The Bonita Springs-Estero Assoc. of REALTORS®, Naples Area Board of REALTORS®, National Assoc. of REALTORS®, Florida REALTORS®.
Season End Extravaganza
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Country Club Casual Attire
Guests Limited to Immediate Family
What Sellers Want Most From Real Estate Professionals
Contact me for a list of recent customer testimonials.